Thursday 10 December 2015

A Case Study in Independent Film Production

Film London aims to ensure the capital is a thriving centre for creative industries sector that enrich the city's businesses and its people. 
Microwave films fund films; they also develop and mentor short listed projects. 
London Calling offer funding, training and mentoring for people with exciting talent. 

Lilting 

This film is a British drama and due to the use of the foreign language we can tell this is a art house film. Due to the narrative involving homosexuality I do not think the target audience would be older because elder people would stereotypically be traditional and set in their ways whilst younger people tend to be more accepting and thrive for change therefore, the target audience would be mid 20's. 

Borrowed Time

This comedy seems like a very unique concept as the narrative has not been done before therefore, highlights how the film is independent. Furthermore, the binary opposition of the characters reveals the conflict and the intriguing narrative. The target audience would predominately be 15-24 year old's, however I also think there is a possibility for elder audience demographics to want to watch this film too due to the character identifications such as the youth portrayal and the elder man. 

Freestyle

This film is appears like a low-budget film due to the use of the mise-en-scene, it does not appear to be very high budget. I think the target audience for this film would be balanced so both males and females would like this film due to the subversion of the stereotype of all girls not being sporty, which would therefore appeal to the female demographic. This would also appeal to youths due to the content such as the language and the characters themselves being quite young so youths would therefore identify with the characters. 


  • I need to identify my protagonist and make sure there is a clear narrative where my target audience are able to identify and relate to my main character 
  • I need to make sure I know exactly who my film is for and I need to stick to that audience and make sure the film will suit their requirements and appeal to them 
  • Finally, the narrative must be interesting and intriguing in order to engage the audience; I need to include enigma codes and features to keep the audience guessing and compelled

No comments:

Post a Comment